About Maiden South
Founded in 2014 by Jessica Grace Allen and Natalie Kirbo, Maiden South features a curated collection of hand crafted goods and vintage finds, focusing on those from right here in the South. We seek to foster creativity and build community with our signature events: crafty classes, knit nights and social studies. A Mecca for makers, doers and dreamers! At Maiden South we believe in investing in our community and at the end of each year, Maiden South donates 10% of our net profits to local charities. Sound like your kind of place? Read on.
Maiden South is a small operation that thrives with the assistance of interns. Duties for each person will vary day-to-day and season-to-season as the needs of the business change.
Responsibilities for the intern may include some or all of the following, depending on interests and availability:
- Shoot/edit product photos for Item listings on website
- Look for new ways to connect Maiden South to the customer through photos & videos
- Analyze current photo style perception and look for room for improvement
- Make sure website inventory is always accurately updated
- Analyze trends in relation to Maiden South
- Analyze Maiden South's current Social Media habits
- Create E-mail campaigns each week
- Brainstorm ideas for new ways to reach customers through e-mails and social media
- Assist in establishing a social media calendar for each month
- Brainstorm new ways to reach customers in tangible ways
- Assist in establishing a Crafty Class schedule
- Recruit teachers for Crafty Classes
- Organize materials for Crafty Classes
- Brainstorm ways to encourage community through small groups and/or Crafty Classes in One.Two.Three.
- Straighten and display merchandise
- Work the retail sales floor
- Must be enrolled in high school or an accredited college or university
- Must be receiving academic credit for the internship
- Must be based in the Bainbridge area
- Willing and ready to learn attitude
- Ability to work well independently and with direction
- Abillity to stay on track while working alone
- Pro-active, flexible and fun personality
- Available at least 10 hours/per week
Please e-mail with:
- Your resume (preferably one page)
- A cover letter that shows us your personality
- Your favorite craft and a paragraph or two on why you enjoy it
- Links to all your social media accounts (Instagram, blog, tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)
- Dates/Hours you are required to intern for school
- Answer these three questions:
o Why do you want to intern with Maiden South?
o Where did you hear about us?
o What are the top 3 things you want to learn in your internship?
APPLICATIONS CONSIDERED YEAR ROUND